Ahh! It has been a while since we released the last patch. The number for this patch have thus skipped a number all the way up to 0.9.4. 🙂 During this patch our focus was mainly targeted towards adding some well-needed gameplay changes. We have now added the long-wanted feature of Sudden Death, refined how Shields and Bat-hits works… oh and… we upgraded all of the Mega Bombs to level 3 by default!
Get ready for some real hectic end-game battles in Bombergrounds: Battle Royale this autumn by watching the promotional patch video below
Patch Delivery & Details
Previous live version: 0.9.2 (all platforms)
Updates to: 0.9.4 (all platforms)
Full Patch Notes
These are the changes in patch 0.9.4 of Bombergrounds: Battle Royale.
- New Major Feature: Battle Pass – Season 3 – The Autumn Season!
- New Major Feature: Sudden Death! (bombs fall from the sky at the end of the game)
- New Cosmetics: New Characters – The Goat & Panda has arrived to the battle field!
- New Cosmetics: New Skins – Mad Scientist (Mythic), Racing Driver, Police Officer and Movie Watcher has been added to the Season 3 Battle Pass.
- New Cosmetics: New Faces – Despondent & Confident.
- New Minor Feature: News-section – you’ll find a link to our news posts in the game.
- New Minor Feature: See your friends & foes Battle Pass progress in their character profile.
- New Region: Asia Pacific (Tokyo)
- Improvement: Stun invulnerability – players are immune to stuns for a short duration after being stunned.
- Improvement: Shields break from bat hits – shields now break when hit by a bat.
- Improvement: Shields now block fully charged bat hits – a fully charged bat hit no longer kills the player if they have a shield.
- Improvement: Mega Bombs bonanza! – mega bombs are now always level 3 when picked up.
- Bugfix: Players can no longer use max-charged hits at 85% charge-up.
- Bugfix: Players could push a bomb one tile further sometimes, without charigng up their hit. This has been resolved.
- Bugfix: The kill leader effect now no longer gets stuck on the ground if the kill leader leaves the game.
- Bugfix: It is no longer possible to push a bomb into a wall, and then switch sides and bat it from the inside of that wall object.
- Performance: Optimized performance for a better in-game experience, especially relating to sounds in the game.
- Visual Effect: Invulnerability darkening effect (after being stunned)
- Visual Effect: Shield static effect (when broken)
- Improvement: Sound effects volumes have been adjusted to be normalized.
- Improvement: Players can no longer press enter while in spectate mode to pull up the chat input.
- Improvement: We’ve adjusted the color and width of the Region selector scrollbar.
- Improvement: The emoji system now displays emojis in a little better quality. (… don’t tell anyone but… we have a surprise for emoji lovers coming up in the next patch.. psst!)
- Improvement: Bombs that are dropped to the map by the server now has “!”-warning signs on them.
- Improvement: A small screen shake effect has been added when hitting and when receiving a shield hit from another player.
- Bugfix: The walk animation is now playing properly while in bat-charging.
- Bugfix: The “Honey Dipper” weapon is now displaying properly and the clipping bug has been resolved.
- Bugfix: The Battle Pass item list has been fixed to display all items properly, even after closing or opening the information tab.
- Bugfix: Sending a Friend invite now properly informs you what happened after sending the invite.
- Bugfix: The “counting”-sound when receiving experience in the Score Screen now works properly.
- Bugfix: The “disable chat” in options should now always work properly.
- Bugfix: We’ve added “click”-sounds to the buttons: News, Follow Us, Emoji, Settings wheel, Exit button.
- Bugfix: Picking up stars after level 3 now properly plays a star pickup sound.
- Bugfix: The client now correctly states who killed you in the game (“Eliminated by X”).
- Bugfix: We’ve resolved a matchmaking bug where a game started but nobody got into the game server.
- Bugfix: We’ve resolved several “your connection has been lost” and stability issues in this patch. We hope that the stability of the game will feel smoother going forward!
- Improvement: Hateful & bad words should now be properly filtered away in account names & chat.
Content Creator changes
- No content creator changes this patch.